Health department recognizes employees for achievements in public health
Monroe County, Fla.— The Florida Department of Health in Monroe County recognizes employees for public health achievement and service annually. This year the department recognized 12 staff members at the Florida Keys Mosquito Control District Headquarters in Marathon on February 4. The department congratulates the following personnel:
10 YEARS OF SERVICE
- Keith Lannon, Records Specialist
- Lori Rittel, WIC program Manager
5 YEARS OF SERVICE
- Richard A Gambescia, MD, Senior Physician
- Nicole Norman, Senior Community Health Nursing Director
3 YEARS OF SERVICE
- Jennifer Borton, Budget Analyst
- Carmel Cox, Records Specialist in Vital Statistics
- Fitima Garcia, Environmental Specialist
- Melissa Iglesias, Health Support Specialists in School Health
- Inna Moore, Custodial Worker
- Gilbert Padilla, Office Automation Specialist in IT
- Michael Seiler, Business Manager
- Ysla Veliz, Epidemiologist
PEER RECOGNITION AWARD
The annual award is given to an employee who is nominated by colleagues and voted upon by all non- supervisory employees. This year’s winner is Andrea Diaz, Operations Analyst II. Her colleagues recognized her for her dedication, hard work, and positivity, always going above and beyond to assist whenever needed.
Additional departmental awards were also presented. WIC Program Manager, Lori Rittel recognized the following employees in the WIC program: Suzanne Otto (Balancing B Award), Jannet Avalos (This Girl can Do Anything Award), Christela Brevil (Whirling Dervish Award), Hannah Padgett (Done Yesterday Award), and Wendy Holifield (Positivity Award).
The department’s Administrative Services Division also recognized the following individuals for their hard work and dedication: Jennifer Borton, Karen Caridad, Carmel Cox, Andrea Diaz, Keith Lannon, Danielle McKee, Emily Mutschler, Gilbert Padilla, Bunny Portner, and Yevette Veliz.