COVID-19 Vaccine Update for Monroe County
(Monroe County, Fla.)—The Florida Department of Health in Monroe County wants to reassure residents that the vaccine allocation methodology has not changed. Those who have registered already on Sharecare (myvaccine.fl.gov or called 866-201-7069) will be contacted in the order in which they registered. These individuals will be contacted in chronological order regardless of the group they fit under with the expansion of eligible people under the Governor’s Executive Order.
- The department is still prioritizing healthcare workers with direct patient contact to get vaccinated. Monroe County residents who are healthcare workers with direct patient contact can email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicate they are a healthcare worker in Monroe County, and provide the name of the healthcare facility.
- Physicians who have deemed patients to be extremely vulnerable may refer to the COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability form to fill out. Pursuant to Executive Order 21-47, individuals with a COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability form completed by their physician can then be vaccinated by a physician, advanced practice registered nurse, or pharmacist. Those who are deemed extremely vulnerable and do not fall under the executive order eligibility requirements cannot register on the Sharecare system.
- Residents who have registered on Sharecare can update their information at the Vaccine Assistant at vaccine.healthsecurity.sharecare.com/vaccine. By doing so, the resident stays in control of their contact information, and will get all communication from Sharecare going forward. Making any changes will not affect their place in line.
- Those who have registered and are waiting on a phone call for an appointment should answer unknown numbers. When answering, the phone system representative will announce themselves as “The Monroe County First Dose Scheduling Line.”
- For those who have already been contacted to set up an appointment via Sharecare, they can check their appointment time at vaccine.sharecare.com/appt-lookup.
- For anyone who does not have access to the internet to register, they may call the toll-free line for Monroe County at 866-201-7069 or for TTY (Text Telephone Relay) at 833-990-2908. For additional assistance, please call the Monroe County helpline at 833-540-2081 or Regional helpline at 833-540-2046.
- For more information about the vaccine, visit monroe.flhealth.gov/vax.