COVID-19 Vaccine Update for Monroe County
(Monroe County, Fla.)— The Florida Department of Health in Monroe County (DOH-Monroe) continues to work with the State of Florida in obtaining information regarding the availability of the COVID-19 vaccine. By Friday, January 15, the State will be launching a website and a call center that allows persons over 65 years of age and healthcare professionals with direct patient contact to register for the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The department has not yet received any additional doses other than the initial 1,300 that were received and have already been assigned to healthcare professionals with direct patient contact and people 65 years and over with appointments. More doses are expected to arrive sometime this week or next.
- To date 1,557, Monroe County residents have been vaccinated (see www.tinyurl.com/vacsummary to monitor this data).
- Personal contact information will not be added to any waitlists by phone, in person, or by email. Please monitor Monroe.flhealth.gov. A press release will also be issued when the website and hotline are ready. These will not be released until more vaccines arrive in the county.
- Please do not come to any health department location without an appointment. Walk-ins are not allowed. Walk-ins and congregating outside of any health department facility increases the opportunity for person-to-person transmission of the virus. Contact information will not be collected or kept by the department for anyone requesting for the vaccine in person at these facilities, as well as via the phone and by email.
- Additional vaccine supplies in-county will allow the department to expand to other vaccination sites throughout Monroe County. At this time, we are unable to open any sites or appointment times as no additional vaccines have arrived yet in Monroe County.
The department asks that everyone stays vigilant; wear a mask, social distance, and always wash your hands. Those who are vaccinated should continue to follow these criteria. When more information becomes available from the State Health Office, we will share.