Community Foundation Grants $27,000 to Lower Keys Nonprofits
The Community Foundation of the Florida Keys’ Lower Keys Advisory Council has awarded its first-ever grants to organizations headquartered in the Lower Keys, supporting projects that will benefit residents in communities from Big Coppitt to Big Pine Key.
Nine organizations will each receive a check for $3,000:
- Big Pine Athletic Association, to fund a commercial refrigerator for its concession stand.
- Big Pine United Methodist Church, to purchase shade sails for its community events plaza.
- Conch Republic Marine Army, to pay for and install a bimini top on its new K3 boat.
- Florida Keys Wildlife Society, for a lecture series on Florida Keys flora, fauna and wildlife.
- Growing Hope Foundation, to host Boys and Girls Club programming at Grimal Grove.
- Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation, to provide boating outings for Lower Keys at-risk youth.
- Rotary Club of the Lower Keys, to purchase fishing rods and reels for youth ages four to 12.
- Seacamp Association, to purchase 12 outdoor benches and two outdoor storage sheds.
- Sugarloaf School PTO, to purchase 15 trees for shade, beautification and environmental support.
“The Community Foundation’s Lower Keys Advisory Council is excited to support these active and various non-profits as they help build a richer and happier environment for our local community,” said Dr. Susanne Woods, board chair of the Community Foundation of the Florida Keys.
All grants are made possible by donors to the Community Foundation’s Lower Keys Future Fund. Contributions to the Lower Keys Future Fund are currently being matched dollar-for-dollar by the Community Foundation. Learn more at cffk.org/lowerkeys.
Your Community Foundation of the Florida Keys, In Paradise for Good, has granted over $32 million to benefit every resident from Key Largo to Key West, supporting arts and culture, beautification and preservation of the Keys, health and human services, disaster relief, scholarships, and youth programs. The Community Foundation helps individuals and families leave a legacy in the Keys by inspiring giving and by connecting people, resources and needs through philanthropy, The Foundation is well-known for its signature “Unsung Heroes” event which honors nonprofit volunteers. For more information, call 305-292-1502 or visit cffk.org.[livemarket market_name="KONK Life LiveMarket" limit=3 category=“” show_signup=0 show_more=0]